A set of instructions for the computer to read and understand to perform a specific task is called a Software. Software development is the process to use computer programming to develop a software. This is not new for many, but the topic under consideration will be new for many. SDLC or Software Development Life Cycle, is the process of developing a new software.
The process of developing a software is not difficult to understand. The procedure of SDLC goes like this:
- Gathering and then analyzing the requirements to develop a software
- Designing of the software
- Coding or programming
- Testing the software
- Maintaining the software
Gathering and Then Analyzing the Requirements to Develop a Software
This is the initial phase. Like starting any business, starting to work on a new software requires a plan. The planning phase will include the project managers, stakeholders and even some senior software developers. No matter how professional or for how long the software development company has been operating, the planning is not an easy phase to follow. Although, it would take less time for experts to plan a new project and then to start working on it but still there will be some questions that must always be answered before taking on any project. Following are some questions, which needs answers before taking on the project:
- Who will be using the software?
- How they will be using it?
- What is the required data to input?
- What will be the output of the input data?
- What is the purpose?
- What skills are required?Will there be a need to hire new personnel or the current staff have the right skills and the capacity to work on this new project?
Find their answers. Is the project worth it? A thorough analysis is required here. There will be more questions that need to be answered before taking on this new project. All the work is documented for future reference.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/8823274